Manager: Ray Tibbles
Award: NZ Landcare Trust Award at the 2014 Deer Industry Environmental Awards
Ray Tibbles has managed Eweburn station for a number of years with a strong focus on the environmental sustainability of the operation.
These awards are held biennially and judges were extremely impressed with Ray’s skills and dedication in running a successful operation with a strong environmental focus.
- Extensive covenanted land very impressive, protecting a range of high valued areas that also provide shelter for stock and buffers to rivers and streams
- Excellent retention of native cover in gullies, providing shade, shelter and protecting water quality
- Fit of livestock to land well matched, with stocking rates adjusted accordingly
- Planning and foresight demonstrate passion for the business and great farm management skills
- Excellent leadership and ability to work with staff
- Farm development has been done with sustainability and water protection in mind
- Development of laneways and paddocks done with foresight and stock movement is simple as a result